Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have a blue area under the skin of my finger that's been

Customer Question

I have a blue area under the skin of my finger that's been there now for 3 days and now ruts a bit swollen and very sore. I cannot use that finger. Should I be worried enough for emergency or wait till the doctor us in next week.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.From your description it seems to be an infection.You may need incision and drainage.Oral and or local prescription antibiotic can be needed.Warm compression can be soothing.You can apply OTC neosporin cream.Waiting for doctor's appointment in the next week can be late.You can go to urgent care tomorrow morning.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.