Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I smoked and had a panic attack, I was also sedated during

Customer Question

I smoked weed and had a panic attack, I was also sedated during this panic attack. Now I think I've had brain fog/depersonalization for 6 days now. I've visited two different doctors and they've run some tests and asked me some questions and they both said it should wear off soon. Will it? I don't know if it will? I feel like my symptoms are getting better, but I don't know if they really are. I don't even remember what being normal felt like. All the internet forums are telling me it might last months, or even years! I'm pretty scared.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have no history of mental illness or chronic physical illness.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I wonder if the weed you smoked was adulterated with something stronger. Smoking weed usually wears off within 24-48 hours. Of course, a panic attack isn't common with marijuana use either. That makes me think you might be more sensitive than most to chemicals.