How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17806
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to know if there's a medical Way, Laser or something

Customer Question

I'd like to know if there's a medical Way, Laser or something else that can remove very old year old track marks
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I don't even know whether to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and since I have to pay for all this myself I'm not even sure if there's a technique available that would help with this. They are keloid scars on the inside of my elbow on both ends
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No, I am clean off all drugs and have been for years but I am sick of trying to cover them with makeup and wear long sleeves in the summer. They don't seem to go away even though I've used a million different things to try to get rid of them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Are you asking about keloid?Can you send a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a picture but I can't figure out how to send you the picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it looks like you may have gotten it I don't know this is weird
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I am in a really good place in my life but I live in a very hot climate and it is horrible not to be able to wear short sleeves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm desperate here for a way to get rid of them. Even if it is a costly thing it would be worth it so I can move on with my life for good and not have the reminders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't want to pay for a bunch of different visited visits two different type of doctors that may not be able to help. I'm not sure if I should see a dermatologist, Vein Clinic, plastic surgeon? Or if there's even an answer on how to get rid of them
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
I have got the picture.Please wait.I am writing your answer.It can take a couple of minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information,I would suggest to take an examination by a dermatologist.Different modalities of treatment are used in this condition.Occlusive dressings are used.Steroid can be injected into the scar.Cryotherapy, laser treatment can be helpful.There are a few other treatment options like interferon, 5 fluouracil, tacrolimus, imiquimod 5% cream etc.Till you get an appointment with a dermatologist, you can try OTC hydrocortisne cream.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.