Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I was on thyroid meds 35 years ago. I now have the same issues

Customer Question

I was on thyroid meds 35 years ago. I now have the same issues with dry skin, low energy, fatigue, dry hair and toe nails splitting, puffy face, cold all the time, I don't ever sweat and feel puffy, depression etc. my dr says I am in the normal limits with a Tsh of 0.90 But why do I feel so awful
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: What dr?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 11 months ago.
Your TSH is on the low end of normal right now. However, it should be noted that sometimes TSH can be falsely elevated randomly due to a variety of causes. I would have your TSH and free T4 rechecked 4-6 weeks after the original testing to definitively rule out any thyroid issues.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.