Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I was on thyroid meds 35 years ago. I now have the same issues

Customer Question

I was on thyroid meds 35 years ago. I now have the same issues with dry skin, low energy, fatigue, dry hair and toe nails splitting, puffy face, cold all the time, I don't ever sweat and feel puffy, depression etc. my dr says I am in the normal limits with a Tsh of 0.90 But why do I feel so awful
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: What dr?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 5 months ago.
Your TSH is on the low end of normal right now. However, it should be noted that sometimes TSH can be falsely elevated randomly due to a variety of causes. I would have your TSH and free T4 rechecked 4-6 weeks after the original testing to definitively rule out any thyroid issues.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.