Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

WBC 12.2 RBC 5.01 Hgb15.6 HCT 44.5 MCH 31.1 MCHC 35.1 RDW

Customer Question

WBC 12.2 RBC 5.01 Hgb15.6 HCT 44.5 MCH 31.1 MCHC 35.1 RDW 13.8 MPV 10.9
What does all this indicate? Most values are nearest the high end with the exception of Plat 155 which is nearest the lower values. Bone marrow biopsy 2 years ago was negative.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 7 months ago.
Dear customer,I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:What are your symptoms?Are you taking any medications? I am online and is waiting for your reply.Kind Regards- Dr. Charles
​Dear customer,Thanks for coming back online.Here is your detailed answer.Normal WBC count is 4,500-11,000 white blood cells/mcL (cells per microliter).Your count of 12.2 is slightly higher then normal.RBC count of 5.01 is normal.It ranges from 4.2 to 5.4 million cells/mcL. Normal value range of hemoglobin is 12.1 to 15.1 gm/dL.Your value of 15.6 is slightly higher then normal.Hematocrit value normal range is from 36.1 - 44.3%.Your value of 44.5 is again slightly higher then normal. MCH of 31.1 is within normal limits.Normal range is 27-33 picograms (pg)/cellMCHC normal range is 32 to 36 g/dl. Your value of 35.1 is within normal range.MPV normal range is 7.5 - 11.5. Your value of 10.9 is within normal range.Red cell distribution width (RDW) normal range is 11.5-14.5%. Your value of 13.8 is within normal range.A normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 is on lower side but still within normal range. So bot***** *****ne is that only your WBC count,hemoglobin & hematocrit values are slightly above normal.This is not of concern.Platelet count is on lower side but within normal limits. There is nothing to worry as of now. Just need to keep an eye of observation & regular monitoring may be required.Repeat these tests(which are slightly higher) along with platelet count after 3 months. Hope this helped If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you! Kind Regards- Dr.Charles