Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Do I have to worry? I am otherwise healthy. Went to dr,

Customer Question

Hi, do I have to worry? I am otherwise healthy. Went to dr, after having high fever the night before.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out. OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: sorry didn't realize that enter is gonna send it. I was due for bloodwork, have some interesting numbers, cause for concern? Neutrophils % 83.0 (high is 70) lymphocites Abs 0.5 (low is 1.0) Lymphocites % 8.5 (low is 15) and ALT 42 (High is 40)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I gained weight recently. Otherwise healthy female
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Did you have any other symptom?Which treatment did you get?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The doctor isn't worried at all. I got no treatment as my fever resolved and I am feeling ok. I am just a bit worried cuz cancer runs in my mother's family.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,You need not to worry about cancer.Fever for 1-2 days are usually from an infection.It has resolved too.The blood count also suggests an infection.A slightly raised ALT level is not significant.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.