Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My sister had breast cancer, she had a masectomy, chemo, radiation,

Customer Question

My sister had breast cancer, she had a masectomy, chemo, radiation, and now she has eith myelodysplasia, or leukemia. I am looking up treatments, and what can be done
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: In 2013 she was diagnosed with breast cancer, she went through all treatments and is now cancer free. However ever since her chemo and radiation she started needing transfusions. She has been to 3 doctors and just found out the diagnosis yesterday. I am her care giver right now and am wondering what is going to happen. How long will she live, will this get painful,./ This all started in March of 2014
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of? I'm trying to find the right Doctor for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: The doctor she saw yesterday also recommended she see a neuoroligst because he thinks she is getting dementia.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthere is a risk for bone marrow damage from chemotherapy to cause myelodysplastic syndrome.this happened to Robin Roberts of Good Morning America as well 5 years after treatment with chemotherapy.http://abcnews.go.com/Health/robin-roberts-myelodysplastic-syndrome-diagnosis-beat/story?id=16540293there are bone marrow transplants which can be done to treat MDSevery patient who has MDS is different and lives for different lengths of timeit should not become painful for herlet me know if you have other questions.