Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have pain in my left side right above my waist in the lower

Customer Question

I have pain in my left side right above my waist in the lower back area and front. It also feels like I have sort of knor up above my Naval in the middle before you reach my heart. The pain in my side is sharp sometimes where I have to hold my breath.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Have taken Aleves which ease the pain sometimes.sometimes cannot lay on that side jnor in stomach notice about 3 days ago and I get constipated
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question, do you have fever ? does this pain area hurts when pressed ? do you have burning urination ?
Pain in this area can be duet o stomach ulcer, pancreas pain and renal or kidney problems. If this pain increase with food intake then it is due to stomach ulcer. If it is related to burning urination then it can be due to urinary tract or kidney infection. If it is in the centre of abdomen more on the left side then it can be due to pancreatic problem. If this pain has been there for 3 days and not resolving then best option would be to visit emergency right away. Simple clinical examination by a doctor will help. Blood Cp, abdomen ultrasound and urine test are test that should be done. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.