Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.

My mother has been diagnosed with (Breast Cancer - Multifocal

Customer Question

My mother has been diagnosed with (Breast Cancer - Multifocal osseous metastic disease. The chemotherapy did not work and the Doctor wants to try something else. Xeloda is one option. What is the success rate of Xeloda and are the better options available. My mother is 74 years old with Diabetes.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This is her second time with this. Four years ago she was first diagnosed and she was cleared two years ago.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry about your mother's cancer spread.I am a cancer doctor.what type of chemotherapy didn't workxeloda is a type of oral 5FU chemotherapy which is often effective for breast cancer when it spreads to bones to help slow down the growth of breast cancer.breast cancer is also often ER or estrogen receptor positive. if her breast cancer is ER+, then anti-estrogen therapy like Arimidex or Faslodex can helpalso Zometa or Xgeva to help strengthen bones has been shown to also fight breast cancer as well when it spreads to bones.retrospective studies have shown that patients who get xometa or xgeva seem to have longer survivals as well.if her breast cancer is her-2/neu over-expressive, she will benefit from Herceptin as welllet me know if you have questions.
do you have other questions?