Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants
94080274

Will urgent care prescribe lisdexamphetamine without an evaluation?

Customer Question

JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I be been diagnosed with ADHD for most of my life. I have tried methaphenidate and lisdexamphetamine. The later one seemed to work best but I havnt been able to get to see the doc. Would an urgent care doc prescribe it for me or do I have to go back through a psychiatrist?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Noting to mention out of the ordinary. I've just recently had a lot to catch up on and a bigger work load and am having difficulty staying focused and finishing my task
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,The policy will vary from urgent care to urgent care, but if you can show them that you have a history of being prescribed this medication (they can also look it up in their database), you may find one willing to prescribe it to you on a very short term basis (max 10 day supply). Call the urgent cares ahead of time and ask if they would be able to assist you with this. Many will not, but some will. Be well, Dr. Mires
Do you happen to live in California?