Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My husband takes methotrexate 's diseas JA:

Customer Question

Hi my husband takes methotrexate for crohn's diseas
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Does that effect if we plan to have a child?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He can't have any alternative medication for the long term
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, methotrexate can affect his sperm and cause birth defectshe needs to be off of the methotrexate for 2-6 months before having a child.men make new sperm every 42 days.so usually 2-3 months is safe after stoppage of methotrexagelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com