Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

6 months pregnant with excruciating hemorrhoids - cannot get

Customer Question

6 months pregnant with excruciating hemorrhoids - cannot get any relief. Uncertain if I should go to ER. What can be done? I am traveling for work and scheduled to fly home today. Pain is so bad not sure I can stand
To fly. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Do you have constipation?Blood in stools?Do you have burning and itching around anus?Do you have pain in anus all the time or only during passing stools?Pain abdomen?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No constipation or blood in stool. Some bleeding around anus with constant pain and burning around anus. No abdomen pain.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Well as you describe,possibly it's anal fissure.And you should try some self care measures which provide you relief.Do warm sitz bath with betadine solution for 10 to 15-minutes twice a day.Also try OTC hydrocortisone or Preparation H cream around anus..Apply witch hazel pads to your anal area. Change the pads frequently.Adequate amounts of fiber and plenty of water and other fluids should be added in your diet.Get a donut-shaped pillow if sitting is really uncomfortable.Don't strain.And take OTC Tylenol.Also take Metamucil.All these are safe to use during pregnancy.And see your doctor when you back to home.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating.We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been using prep h for several days with witch hazel pads as well. And have taken Tylenol without much relief. If I were to go to ER what can be done for relief?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is also swollen tissue around anus so I tend to think it is hemorrhoids.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
As such measures didn’t provide relief so you can visit ER where doctor may prescribe strong medications for pain relief orally and topically.This swollen tissue can be either external hemorrhoids or anal abscess/hematoma formation.If required enema can be given to relieve rectal pressure and it reduces pain.You can visit ER for prompt management.I'm here to discuss further queries until you get satisfied with our conversation.Please press reply button rather than give poor/bad service.Positive feedback is appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thanks.