Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Had a little bit of blood on outside of stool. not bright red

Customer Question

had a little bit of blood on outside of stool. not bright red but not black either. went to the bathroom again an hour later (after workout) and no blood on stool. i had a colonoscopy about 2 months ago where i had some benign polyps removed. wondering if probably just a hemmoroid or anal fissure or something more.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How many times did you pass stool?Is there any pain?Did the blood come once only?Why colonoscopy was taken?Are you on any medicine?How old are you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
- went to the restroom at 6:30am where i passed the stool with blood on it; worked out for an hour or so, went again where i passed a stool and no blood
- no pain
- blood - yes, once only
- had similar blood in stool; found a benign polyp
- on lisinopril and stimvistatin
- 44 years old
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,I am sorry for your condition.Blood in stool comes more commonly from the lower part of the gastrointestinal tract.Common cause is hemorrhoid.There may not be any pain with it.Anal fissure can cause bleeding with stool.But it is usually associated with sharp pain.Inflammatory bowel diseases, diverticulitis,infection etc. can be causes sometimes. As you do not have any other symptom, it can be bleeding from haemorrhoid, which is a commoner cause. But you need to inform your doctor.Doctor can take stool test, rectal examination.Repeated bleeding may lead to the development of anemia or other complications. Take adequate fibers, vegetables, fruits, water to prevent constipation. Keep the bowel soft which can prevent bleeding. I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.