Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

Bloating and gas JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you

Customer Question

Bloating and gas
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: For about 5 days I have had fullness and gas and bloating worse after eating
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Irritation in the center of my abdomen more from the fullness and gas, not so much pain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.
Hi,What is your age and gender?Constipation?Heartburn?History of smoking and alcohol consumption?Any other medical illness?Are you taking any medicines?Stress and anxiety issues?Thanks.Waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
45 year old female with no significant medical history, non smoker, no health issues. Maybe a little more stress lately due to lack of sleep. No heartburn! Regular periods still about 21 to 28 day cycles. I am an RN and know a little to much for my imagination! Could this be Gastroenteritis. No diarrhea, no nausea. Mostly burping, bloating and distention around mid abdomen.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel like I have gained weight no weight loss. Just very burpy. I have been eating a lot of salads lately as well, way more than usual,.
Hi,As per your description,possibly it's associated with excessive salads intake.You should try some self care remedies for few days.Maintain a good hydration with plenty of water and gatorade.Also take citrucel and Gas X.You should start a probiotic.And avoid salads.Eat a bland diet.As you have no associated diarrhea,nausea,vomiting so it's not Gastroenteritis.Excessive intestinal gas production due high fibre rich diet can cause bloating,distension and burping.Take OTC Zantac also.If your symptoms 'll not improve in next 3 days with such remedies then see your doctor for a clinical exam.Do some exercise also.Avoid carbonated drinks,caffeine,spicy,fried food.Other possible differential diagnosis may include Gastritis,Irritable Bowel syndrome.Hope this helps.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal.We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, typically how long will gas and bloating last after salads?
How much GasX do you recommend?
The last salad that I had was yesterday and have had salads daily for the past 5 maybe more days. I will work on some Greek yogurt and I have stayed away from coffee.
My brain immediately goes to Ovarian Ca or Pancreatic Ca even though I know there would be other symptoms. I work in Utilization Management and review way too many charts!
It can take 1-3 days.40 to 125 mg orally after meals and at bedtime.Continue greek yogurt as it's fine to eat.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal. Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thanks.
Chances of Ovarian or Pancreatic Cancer are nil.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Dr. Nitika!
Welcome.Take care.If you are satisfied with our conversation then bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.Feel free for further queries.Hope this helps.