A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Lower legs leaking and swelled anklkes JA: The Doctor will

Customer Question

Lower legs leaking and swelled anklkes
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Have been dIagnosed with incompetent veibs. Extremely swelked tday and liwer leg as a few red dits and fluId is leakng from them.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. No oain.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Not really. No pain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I'll be helping with your question.
The problem is that with incompetent veins the fluid pools in the lower legs and the fluid part of the blood leaks through the skin. It can result in skin ulcers. You can try lying down with your legs propped up on pillows to above heart level. This is better than sitting in a recliner which doesn't give as good blood return to the heart. You probably have compression stockings to put on in the morning before you start walking around. These can help keep more blood in circulation so there is less pooling an fluid leakage. I'm sure your doctor has recommended limiting salt intake. If this isn't better in the morning you need to call your primary provider and be seen. Please let me know what additional questions you might have about this. Best regards, Schuyler~