A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

ENT...please helpI have felt extremely congested

Customer Question

ENT...please help
I have felt extremely congested for over three months now. My ears feel full of they need to pop but wont. My brain is foggy and I can feel phlegm stuck in the back of my throat. I don't have any nasal drainage at all, I just feel like everything is stuck between my ears and wont drain. I have taken a round of amoxicillin (sp?) and a round of Doxycycline as well as two rounds of steroids but nothing so far has helped. I have also been taking sudaphed, and Flonase on a daily basis....I feel helpless. I clearly don't have an infection because the antibiotics have done nothing. Family practice Dr, was hesitant to send me to ENT because she said they would most likely do the same thing...put my on antibiotics. Is this allergies or I am suffering from or something else?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.
Hello, You need a referral to ENT. It sounds like your primary has treated all the symptoms with no effect, so now you need an ENT to determine what the real problem is. Xrays would likely be the first thing the ENT would order to see if there is a blockage that is causing the problem. Please let me know what other questions you have about this. Best regards, Schuyler~