Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I think I lifted something heavy at work at I might have

Customer Question

Hi, I think I lifted something heavy at work at I might have torn something in my upper right doesn't hurt, just discomfort when I want to use my right arm, well it feels that it is impaired a bit...the shoulder doesn't hurt, and I can apply deodorant and can sleep without I'm not sure if this is something that will go away with time on its own or I have to visit an orthopedist?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this.
Customer: is there going to be a charge?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am a senior 66 years old in practically good health i'm still working and i'm active
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. Your symptoms are suggestive of torn or injured muscle fibers. Usually these heal on its own in around 3-4 weeks. Following measures are likely to help you out;1) Rest is the key; relative rest-that is, participation only in those activities that can be done without pain-is the key to initial management. One should avoid repetitive stress for at least 1 to 2 weeks. 2) Stretching exercises 3) Ice or ice massage 4) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil) can reduce inflammation and help manage pain. 5) Whirlpool, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, and ultrasound; done in physical therapy centers. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.