Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have hard skin under my chin. Its red and cracked JA: OK.

Customer Question

I have hard skin under my chin. Its red and cracked
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Like what
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How large is the spot?Since when are you having it?Is there any pain, itching?Did you use any medicine?Can you send a picture?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its been about a week since i noticed it. Its scabbed really bad
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for all the information & picture,This can be due to a fungal infection.Other possibility is a dermatitis.Please trim the beard short.You can try otc antifungal creams like lotrimin or lamisil.Hydrocortisone can be added.If the condition does not improve, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.