Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

How long after stopping taking a B12/iron liquid supplement

Customer Question

How long after stopping taking a B12/iron liquid supplement should dark stools stop occirring?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I had a colonoscopy 5 months ago....all was fine. 2 small polyps were removed. I did have a bleeding stomach ulcer 12 years ago....resolved and no other related problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.A week will be good time to clear up the stool.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/