Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have blood in my stool should I go to urgent care? Thanks

Customer Question

I have blood in my stool should I go to urgent care? Thanks Jeanne
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have had a BM several times this morning and each time it has had blood in it - worried.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I feel normal, other than lot of anxiety now. I had blood work done Thursday at a normal well patient exam.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Blood can come from a few causes.Common cause is hemorrhoid.There may not be any pain with it.Anal fissure can cause bleeding with stool.But it is usually associated with sharp pain. Infection, inflammatory bowel diseases, diverticulitis can be the causes.As there is frequency of stool with blood, an infection or inflammation needs to be checked for. I would suggest to take an exam in urgent care.A stool test would be helpful.Please take plenty of fluid, ORS, gatorade.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.