A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I've been having loss of vision 5 to 7 min . like

Customer Question

I've been having loss of vision for Luke 5 to 7 min . like everything was wavy and very blurry fading in and out. took to baby aspirin and sat down till my vision came back clear . went to the hospital that night and they said nothing was wrong .. on the paper from doctors it says there is mild cerebral volume loss with prominence of the sulci.what does that mean. and I've been getting headaches still and my right eyelid was very droopy the next day ,it looks a little better today
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: this has happened to me once before but I had numbness on right side and I had no control of my body It was like I was very very intoxicated. I made my way to the kitchen and took baby aspirin then to. and had loss of vision and my eye was very droopy then worse then this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel I should get a second opinion abd now I'm worried
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.
Hello, "Mild cerebral volume loss with prominence of the sulci" means that there is loss of brain volume in the cerebrum. This happens to everyone with age, but is more prominent with people who have Alzheimers and other neurodegenerative disorders. It isn't a diagnosis of anything, just a statement of what was seen. There are convolutions in brain tissue and the sulci are the "troughs" between them. When there is volume loss, the troughs widen, which is an expected finding. You need to see a neurologist to determine what is going on. Please let me know if you have additional questions about this. Best regards, Schuyler~