Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I fell over the other day and my ankle swelled up, it stopped

Customer Question

Hi, I fell over the other day and my ankle swelled up, it stopped hurting after a few minutes so I just ignored it and the swelling was slowly going down after a few days, but this morning I took a short flight and it swelled up really big again, I just wanted to know if this is probably normal feet swelling or if I should be doing something to it? Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Is the swelling affecting the injured ankle only?How is the pain?How many hours flight was it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes only the one ankle is swollen. It's not in any pain but it's a bit stiff and uncomfortable sometimes. The flight was around 30 minutes.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for all the information,The swelling can be from normal gravity.The flight duration was also short.However, as it is affecting one side only & there is some discomfort, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.You need to be on the safe side.He can take a doppler ultrasound to rule out a clot.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.