Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There, I have had lower back pain and right hip pain

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have had lower back pain and right hip pain severely for the past 2 years. I occasionally get pain in my left top part of my leg but not as bad as others. I had an xray done and results come back with I have subtle increase in sclerosis in the right iliac bone, is consistant with a bone island. My dr never explained anything just gave me a script for steriods. Should I take this further and get a ct scan?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Bony sclerosis can be due to the lack of blood flow to the bone.The blood vessels supplying to the part of the bone may die off for unknown reason mostly.Sometimes, this can be due to the autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis for example.Hence further evaluation should be considered with MRI scan.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/