Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

If I take 25 mg iron bisglycinate form and need 325 ferrous

Customer Question

If I take 25 mg iron bisglycinate form and need 325 ferrous sulfate how many do I take?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What is 325mg ferous sulfate iron equate to with iron bisglycinate how many do I take?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.325 mg ferrous sulfate has 65 mg elemental iron.So you need about 2 and half tabs of iron bisglycinate as equivalent dose of 325 mg ferrous sulfate.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How many 25 mg iron bisglycinate form do I take to equal 325mg ferrous sulfate?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Please see above
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I know 325 ferous sulfate is the same as 65 elemental BUT bisglycinate is not Elemental so how can it be only two??
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Yes ou are right abotu that.25 mg of iron bisglycinate contains about 5 mg of elemental iron.So it will be about 13 tablets.Best wishes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You may have been correct the first time..telling me to take 5 was wrong and thankfully my pharmaceutical team checked..please be careful when giving advice
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Sorry about the mistake.I had to look up few sources to confirm the right content of elemental iron in iron bisglycinates.Best wishes