Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am trying to figure out if a PSA level of 200 is high

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to figure out if a PSA level of 200 is high for an 82 yearl old man, my father. He had prostate cancer 5 years ago. Prosatate was taken out and ran recently a PET study, showing no cancer at all. is this normal?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: My father does not show any symptoms at all, feeling great.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, PSA is very high after prostate surgerya PET scan is not a great way to look for prostate cancer.a bone scan and also a sodium floride PET scan is better than an FDG PET scan.he probably had an FDG PET scan.