Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

My daughter is 17 and has been constipated weeks. She

Customer Question

My daughter is 17 and has been constipated for two weeks. She has a high fiber low carb diet and drinks a lot of water and exercises 6 days a week. I called our dr on Monday they have had a taken miralax three times a day colace 100 mg 2 times a day and we did an enema this morning. She has expelled waste matter only once right after enema and no regular bowel movement since Saturday. She is crying and in pain and says she can't take any more. Should I take her to ER or wait to talk to dr in the morning. They have not given her an appt bc they do not usually see constipation patients in the office
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is really concerning.Intestinal obstruction is a serious concern here.Also painful hemorrhoids can cause difficulty in defecation.Other possibilities like anal fissure, polyps can cause problem.Hence you should take her to the ER for further evaluation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: