Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

The of my feet feel swollen and sensitive no pain

Customer Question

hi the balls of my feet feel swollen and sensitive no pain they don't ook swollen I have walked miles and miles using sandals with a bit of a heel and no padding in the past. I don't seem to have much fatpad in balls of feet. suggestions. this is ball of feet only and back of toes. no where else. help! Joni
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just wanted to add although there is no real pain it feels like coming off novacaine in the dentists office feels swollen but looks completely normal i feel like i have no shock walking worse on carpet than hardwood surprisingly as foot pad more sensitive to carpet than wood?! going to Disney world very soon and wondered what to do or what would help
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.How old are you?Since when are you feeling the symptoms?Do you have any other past illness?Do you take any regular medicine?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
58 no other illness take metoprolol for fast heartbeat a lowdose and take Lexapro 10 mg for anxiety which started during menopause. I noticed it over 6 months ago but not enough to really concern me as I walked often and knew I was not walking with right shoes. But now I have a desk job and don't walk as often and still I notice the swollen sensitive balls of feet area. I have not even taken a Tylenol for this so that gives you and idea that its not painful just annoying! I am 5 ft 3 in weigh about 125-130
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no pins and needles feeling like its asleep no shooting pain just the odd sensation of being full/swollen and sensitive. maybe like ive walked miles when I haven't!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
feels like I have no shock absorber. does that make sense?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the information.There can be a few causes for such feeling in the ball of the feet.This can be nerve related like neuralgia or neuroma.Often the cause is not known.Some factors like prolonged standing, excessive pronation, ill fitted shoes, flat foot or high arched foot etc. can predispose to it.Plantar fasciitis, inflammation of bursa, stress fracture, arthritis etc. can cause pain in the ball of the feet but your symptoms are more nerve related.You need to get it examined by an orthopedic doctor.You can soak the feet in warm water 2-3 times a day.Massage, physiotherapy can help.Shock absorbing soles or orthotic devices can help.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would any inflamation meds help. Like Tylenol. What would you suggest. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Yes, you can try Motrin or Tylenol.Motrin is better to reduce inflammation.You can try Motrin after food to check whether it helps.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I will. I worked for 20 years at us airways standing up in heels till early retirement 3 years ago. And of course all the while walking miles in improper shoes for exercise! Did I contribute to this? Does neuropathy tend to last forever? I would still love to walk but don't want to do,further damage. Your opinion please. That's my last question joni
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 months ago.
Yes, prolonged standing, using high heel shoes for long period can precipitate such symptoms.Prognosis of neuropathy is difficult to assess.Preventive measures can help to reduce symptoms.