Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have had an ear ache all morning and now there is drainage

Customer Question

I have had an ear ache all morning and now there is drainage from my ear. This is a throbing pain that extends to my jaw and I have a slight headache. What should I do if I do not have an Eer doctor?
Barbara
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 7 months ago.
It sounds like you have what's called acute serous otitis media which is an ear infection with drainage. You will likely need to be on another antibiotic after a doctor looks at it. You can go to a regular doctor or even some pharmacies that have nurse practioners who can prescribe you the medication.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Is there anything else I can help you with today