Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I see blood in urine at the end of urine JA: OK. The Doctor

Customer Question

I see blood in urine at the end of urine
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I took antibiotics for couple of weeks for UTI
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is also known as gross hematuria or presence of blood cells in the urine.There can be various causes:1. Blood thinning medications like aspirin, plavix, coumadin2. Urinary tract infection3. Kidney disease --polycystic kidney disease for example4. Passage of a kidney stone causing injury to the urethra5. Cancerous lesions like bladder or kidney cancer --less common but in the differential.You need to see your doctor soon for further evaluation with urinalysis, urine cytology, renal and bladder scan etc.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/