Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

I just learned that the radon level in my home is 8.2. i

Customer Question

i just learned that the radon level in my home is 8.2. i have been living here with my daughter since June 15. is it safe to stay here? i am selling my home which is how it was discovered
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D.
Radon levels above 4 present risk from radiation that is dangerous over time. The gas is invisible and odorless and heavier than air. It is found all over the world. The levels are highest close to the flooring and it is safe to stay there but has to be revealed to a buyer and there ways to reduce the levels that doesn't require a lot of money. The gas emits alpha radioactive atomic particles but not like X-rays or gamma rays from a nuclear explosion. Local governments should have information about radon.
Dr Manos again. In some countries less than 10 is acceptable. I hope this is helpful and the topic comes and goes in the public's conversations.
Do you have anymore questions about Radon?