Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

CT scan shows "gall bladder is well distended" what does that

Customer Question

CT scan shows "gall bladder is well distended" what does that mean?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: Just got the results from the CT scan today, seeing Dr. tomorrow.. Just curious
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: it also said there wa a small peri-ampullary duodenal diverticulum identified in pancreatic head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 11 months ago.
Hello, a well distended gall bladder means gall bladder is filled with bile. This usually occurs in fasting state. This is nPeriampullsry diverticulum of pancreas is just small extension of pancreatic tissue around small intestine.
Distended gall bladder is normal phenomenon.
Diverticulum of pancreas too is nothing significant and do not need treatment.
It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/
Hope you are doing good. Please let me know, if I can help you further.