A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My son is addicted to alcohal, and has been diagnosed with

Customer Question

My son is addicted to alcohal, and has been diagnosed with alcohalic hepatitis... would it be safe for him to take sobrexa
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: His liver is inflamed, and he has gallstones, but they can't take his gallbladder out until his liver is in better shape
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He has anxiety issues ... he is trying hard to abstain but keeps backsliding
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. It is considered safe for just about anybody to use. Unless he has some extreme heart issues, he should be fine. If he does have heart issues he should discuss it with his cardiologist. Scientists are working on whether the active ingredient in Sobrexa can actually help someone quit drinking. Meanwhile the makers have jumped the gun and released it as a supplement without waiting for the science to prove it one way or the other. It is to be used with a 12-step program to help stop drinking. Best regards, Schuyler~
Hello, I was just checking to see if there was anything you didn't understand about the answer since I haven't received a rating for it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Best regards, Schuyler