How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 28680
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have having issues with my right middle finger. I was evaluated

Customer Question

I have having issues with my right middle finger. I was evaluated for carpal tunnel three years ago and released from my worker's comp ins not related to work. Physical therapy and wearing wrist braces at night has significantly decreased the numbness, tingling. However, my middle right finger (I am right handed) is sort of "double-Jointed" in that when I bend the finger, it catches and sometimes I have to straighten it with my other hand. Now I am having weakness. I cannot grip things right enough to open, for example a plastic bottle of soda. Should I see my worker's comp clinic or see an orthopedic doctor? Nancy
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I do medical claims follow up and at a computer 8 to 8.5 hours every week day. I also bike a bicycle during the summer. I did not agree that my carpal tunnel issues were not work related. however, the symptoms started back on 2000 (I am currently 55 years old) before coming to this company.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This called trigger finger due to the shortening of the finger tendon.Chronic injury related inflammation is the main cause.Can be repaired by steroid injection and then surgical release if needed.You should see an orthopedic specialist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: