Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have a strange whoosing sound in my head, almost like a pounding

Customer Question

I have a strange whoosing sound in my head, almost like a pounding headach with no pain.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: no haven't been to doctors
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no feeling ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 6 months ago.
Hello,What is your age and gender?Stuffy nose,clogged ears?Have you monitored your blood pressure?Any other medical history?Are you taking any medications?Since how long have you been suffering from?Nausea,blurred vision?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
61 female
My ears maybe clogged
No blood pressure recently. But no issues in the pastNo meds
happening off and on for 6 months
No nausea
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.Your symptoms are suggestive of Tinnitus.And it can be associated with various causes like Eustachian tube blockage,high blood pressure,Inner ear inflammation,Age related changes in ear bones,Thyroid dysfunction.You should see an ENT specialist for a clinical examination.And your blood pressure should be monitored.Also do Valsalva maneuver -moderately forceful attempted exhalation against a closed airway, usually done by closing one's mouth, pinching one's nose shut while pressing out as if blowing up.You should try OTC Otrivin nasal drops.Do steam inhalation.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating.We are here to help you until you satisfy.