Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have heaaches and trouble with vision. should I go to Dr.

Customer Question

I have heaaches and trouble with vision. should I go to Dr. or Eye Dr.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.If the headache and trouble in vision has appeared suddenly, you need to go to ER. There can be serious causes like clot in eye artery or vein, clot / thrombus in any of the brain arteries, retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage etc. These need immediate evaluation and urgent treatment. If you have following risk factors that also would warrant an early evaluation; A previous heart attack or stroke.A family history of heart disease.Elevated total and LDL cholesterol levels.Low HDL level.High blood pressure.Being male or a postmenopausal woman.Cigarette smoker.Uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure.Physical inactivity.Obesity or being overweight.Raised high sensitivity CRP (hsCRP)If these symptoms had being going on for days; this can be due to migraine or refractory errors of the eye. Than you may go to an eye doctor. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/