Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My wife was in an auto accident on Wed. of last week. She was

Customer Question

My wife was in an auto accident on Wed. of last week. She was the passenger of the vehicle and took the impact on her side deployed the door air bag. She was immobilized and transported to the ER. She was cleared for spinal injuries and suffered what appeared to be abrasions and contusions where the seat belt road on her body. She did have some bruising on the right side of her upper flank area. After being released and sent home the same day she was uncomfortable to some degree, but nothing that would keep her from functioning normally. She was prescribed Norco, Diazepam and Nausea meds. Two days after getting home, while attempting to get off the couch from a sitting position she had a very sharp pain in the right upper flank area of her back and since has been in extreme pain. She can not get in or out of bed without assistance. A second trip to the ER the Dr. stated it probably was a muscle spasm and sent her home with the same meds. She continues to be in extreme pain and we are not sure what our next step should be.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Did she have any test in her second visit?Does she have any breathing difficulty?