Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I need some help dealing with major anxiety and panic attack

Customer Question

I need some help dealing with major anxiety and panic attack symptoms
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Are you on any medication ?Have you consulted your doctor or psychiatrist ?
Usually medication such as Paxil may be used to help with anxiety / panic attacks ...A benzodiazepine might be considered in combination for the anxiety plus panic attacks ....
Have you consulted a doctor or psychiatrist for this ?
Seeing a psychiatrist would be most helpful for you to address your panic attacks and anxiety A combination of counseling plus medication would be best for this situation.I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youBest regards!Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I plan on seeing my doctor soon. Today I have felt so weird. I have been having 3-6 mini attacks today alone. I'll start to feel like I'm not real, my face will get tingly and pressure in my head. It freaks me out. It will go away and then come back. It's been doing that all day. Should I be concerned?
Hello again!Well keep calm and a level head here !!Some symptoms I can explain and hopefully that may help you some ....When you have a panic attack you would tend to hyperventilate ..this causes a drop in blood CO2 and change in blood pH ...this may cause you to feel dizzy/ light headed/ numb tingling sensations common of face and hands ...other symptoms as well...These symptoms are transient ...I have heard many panic attack sufferers complain that it feels like they are going to die even !! So I know it is a very distressing sensation Feeling a sense of detachment or things feel unreal may go along with the anxiety disorder I think you will benefit from treatment to include medication and counseling ...You will see improvement in time I am confident for you!!I hope that this is helpful for youBest regards!Anthony Bray MD