Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Yesterday I got a piece of meat logged in my throat and am

Customer Question

Yesterday I got a piece of meat logged in my throat and am unable to swallow any fluids yet today, just keep throwing up flem. Can the emergency room help with this
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Do you unable to keep liquids down now?Pain abdomen?Heartburn?Are you taking any treatment?Thanks.Waiting for your reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can not swallow hurts feels like there is something stuck. taking no treatments no abdomen pain, a little heartburn now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can not swallow any fluids
Hi,As per your description,you may have esophagitis. And as you are unable to swallow fluids now then this is a medical emergency and there is a risk of food pipe perforation or aspiration of fluids in the respiratory tract which can be very dangerous.I will highly advise to visit ER without any delay so they can do immediate examination along with few important scans and then treatment accordingly. There might need to do endoscopy for removal of food stuff depending on the examination findings.Even you can't tolerate any medicine at home.You may require injections and IV fluids if necessary.Visit ER ASAP.Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal. Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thanks.
Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.Your satisfaction is our goal.We are here to help you until you satisfy.