Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My son is 17 taking 10mg Prozac wanted to start him on PS.

Customer Question

My son is 17 taking 10mg Prozac wanted to start him on PS. Can they be taken together?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Thank you ..
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: He has ADHD .. He has taken other meds prior to Prozac. Aspergers Dx age 5 has had and still has psych/social interaction specialist/IEP/ very strong support both Western/Holistic Interventions. Doing more research. He is only on 10mg Prozac off all other meds 1.5 yrs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Please write the full form of PS.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Phosphatidylserine. I have chemical structure of substances that are plant based not cow brain.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for all the information.Phosphatidyl serine is a supplement.It may help in elderly people with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease.There is insufficient evidence of effectiveness in ADHD.Moreover, it is is not evaluated by FDA.So, you should not use it for your son.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.