Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have diverticulitus and haven't had a problem in a few years

Customer Question

I have diverticulitus and haven't had a problem in a few years I ate rye bread several days ago and have been unable to have a bowel movement the slight pain is getting worse in the same spot it was seral years ago
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I recently routinely had a colon screening and it was good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.When did you pass last stool?Did you try any medicine?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I was waiting for your reply.I am sending the answer so that you can see it when you come on line.If you have any query after reading it, please ask.In acute stage of diverticulitis, usually liquid food is advised.Try to take more fluid.You can take liquid diet like broth, fruit juices without pulp, clear soda, tea, coffee, water.Now low fiber fruits like boiled fruits, vegetables without skin, white rice, low fiber cereal, low fat yogurt can be taken.When the symptoms improve you can slowly introduce fibers in your regular diet to prevent constipation.Apply warmth over the abdomen.Tylenol can be taken if the pain is severe.If the symptoms continue, you need to take an evaluation by doctor.Antibiotic, prescription laxative, other pain medicine can be needed.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.