Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

JA: . How can we help? Customer: I am having

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I am having a sharp pain when swallowing. If I turn my head to the left, there's pain right under my Adam's apple on the right side.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: If I turn my head to the right and swallow, no pain at all.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No redness or obvious swelling. It feels as if I am swallowing a horse. I also feel the pain if I push in on the right side of my neck.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Since when are you feeling the pain?Do you feel pain only on swallowing or pushing?Is there any other symptom?Did you have any test or treatment?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Started a few hours ago.
Yes, those are the only times I feel pain. No other symptoms or tests done.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the information.There can be a few possibilities.It can be due to an inflammation of esophagus or structures around it like a lymph node.A soft tissue inflammation can be there too.A trauma from accidental swallowing of a bone piece can cause it.Reflux of acid can be factor.You can wait & watch.You can try antacid meanwhile.Tylenol can be taken too.If the symptom gets worse, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No need to worry about cancer. Right?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 months ago.
Such pain for a few hours is usually from an inflammation.You need not to worry about cancer.