Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I squeezed a sebaceous cyst between my breast and armpit. Now

Customer Question

I squeezed a sebaceous cyst between my breast and armpit. Now it's a red circle and painful and smells. Also there is like a hard lump around the painful area bigger than the original cyst.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Inadvertently you cause a bacterial infection --skin bacteria like staphylococci is common cause.You will need to go to the urgent care for antibiotic course today.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So the hard lump and red spot is more infection so I should take the antibiotic I have now?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
That is correctInfection causes inflammation of the surrounding tissue.that should be treated with antibiotic properly.Best wishes