Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Corinna and I'm hearing a popping sound in my right ear JA:

Customer Question

Corinna and I'm hearing a popping sound in my right ear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Started a couple days ago. Happens when I lean forward or tilt my head to the right
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long. This is likely due to dysfunction of the Eustachian tube which connects nose to middle of the ear. Dysfunction of the Eustachian tube can occur due to swelling of the mucosa (internal lining) in the nasopharynx (back portion of the nose) or in the Eustachian tube itself, which in turn may occur because of 1) infection or2) allergy. This swelling can impede the Eustachian tube function. Following medications are used for the treatment: 1) Decongestants; Sudafed (over the counter)2) Antihistamines; Chlorpheniramine (Singlet) has best result and available without prescription3) Steroids; prescription drugs4) Analgesics; Motrin, Advil, Aleve Valsalva maneuver (positive pressure against a closed nasal airway) usually equilibrates pressure in the middle ear to the outside and can be helpful if done 5-7 times in a day. All the above combination may be able to give you relief. The other problem can be due to wax in the ear. You can get wax removal solution without prescription from the pharmacy. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: