Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I used neosporin on my childs nose to treat impetigo and he

Customer Question

I used neosporin on my childs nose to treat impetigo and he rubbed it then his eyes... and i believe he got it in there. he acted as if his eyes hurt and (he's 18 months) didn't want me to wipe them or anything...
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: i did hold him down and put eye drops in... after that he seemed to open them a little more. I don't know if he was tired from the trauma but now he is down for a nap.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question.I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.Please try to wash the eyes with water.Do not rub the eyes.Wipe it with moist cloth.I hope this information helps.If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there any symptoms I should look for that would indicate any damage?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 months ago.
If you notice extensive redness, swelling you need to take him to doctor.He may feel photophobia or light sensitivity.I hope there will be no damage from the little ointment.