A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

74 YEARS OLD AND LAST FEW YEARS I STARTED TO GET HOT

Customer Question

74 YEARS OLD AND FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS I STARTED TO GET HOT FLASHES, ITS STARTS THIS TIME OF THE YEAR AND LAST TILL FALL, I SAW MY DOC LAST YEAR AND HE RAN A LOT OF TEST AND FOUND NOTHING, I DO HAVE ALLERGIES AND I TAKE MED FOR THAT, I STARTED TO HAVE BAD HEADACHES FOR A FEW DAYS AND A LOT OF NAUSEA AND TODAY I HAD MY FIIRST HOT FLASH AGAIN AFTER THE FLASH ENDED I THAN GOT CHILLS, WHAT CAN I SO OR WHOM DO I NEED TO SEE;
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Since this is the first one this year, you need to see your primary provider again. You may have just a virus this time that is triggering the hot flashes. If nothing is found, the specialist you need to see is a endocrinologist to try to find out about the hot flashes. Please let me know if you have additional questions about this. Best regards, Schuyler~