Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have applied . They took my blood test and urine

Customer Question

I have applied for insurance. They took my blood test and urine test 3 weeks ago. I got a call to provide repeat urinalysis. I am worried if there is something wrong with me.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Two and half years ago I tested for HIV two times and both time it was false positive result. I did a rapid test as well at that time it came out negative. I am scared if it has to do with this.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Lastly, I called insurance company about blood test. They told me that it is under review. I am a 27 year old male with no medical history
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.The repeat urinalysis is not likely for HIV related issue. This is usually ordered for following reasons;1) Sample was inadequate. A urine specific gravity analysis cannot be done on small amount.2) A sugar or albumin or some pus cell may have been found. These may be false positive findings so many times need repetition, if not being corroborated with the other investigations.3) Sample may have been misplaced or misnamed or misnumbered. Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is my understanding as well that for HIV they likely ask for blood sample again. Also, in my case my urine was not enough the first time. Therefore, I believe they requested due to less quantity. I was a bit worried and so wanted to get a professional experience.
You are very welcome.Please do not worry. Nothing worrisome likely here. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work. Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future. This additional service offer can be used for- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you. Thank you.
Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/