Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am hsv 1 positive. My most recent std check up revealed that hsv 2 was positive using igm antibody test. However hsv 2 igg revealed <0.91. The PA who went over results said i was positive for hsv 2. Everything Ive seen online has contradicted that. I have had no symptoms of hsv 2.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.HSV1IgM can cross react with HSV2 IgM testing.Hence given that negative IgG test, HSV2 may not be present in your case.The test can be repeated after 6 weeks as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Since I'm not in the equivocal range for Igg and have had no symptoms, is it really necessary to get tested again?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
I do not think so.You do not need to.