Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I woke up on March 27th...3 weeks ago..at 430 am to go to restroom

Customer Question

I woke up on March 27th...3 weeks ago..at 430 am to go to restroom and had a dizzy spell and hit my head hard on bedroom window..the vinyl part ..thank God..I got an egg on my forehead..near hairline...and a weepy wound from I guess the skin stretching...Bump is still there..Not egg just lump..and swelling along forehead..I saw my prim doctor ..when he pressed my head ..it hurt near my temperal artery...My Sed Rate was normal ..BP was elevated and MRI saw nothing ...Still not feeling right..headaches...fatigue...foggy..what could it be..and what should I do next? He put me on a week of steroids...felt good on the second day of steroids..for 2 days...headaches came back.. finished out steroids anyway..then back to headaches
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You have developed postconcussion syndrome.You do not have any visibl damage to the brain.But your brain materials are still inflamed from the head injury.May take several weeks to gradually subside.In this case, your headache can be managed like migraine headache.Sumatriptan orally as needed and propranolol daily can be tried to control your symptoms effectively.The headache will improve with sumatriptan.Propranolol will prevent headaches and dizziness from happening.You can consult with a neurologist a s well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/