Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

Extreme sore throat (hurts to swallow), enlarged uvula with

Customer Question

Extreme sore throat (hurts to swallow), enlarged uvula with one white spot, and coughing up phlegm that has an infection taste. Symptoms have lasted over a week, the cough is getting better, but my sore throat is not.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello,It sounds like you have a throat infection (Strep throat) which needs to be treated with antibiotics. Please see your physician as soon as you can be evaluated and to get a prescription for the infection.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Is there anything else I can help you with?