Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

One of my hands has a burning sensation on the back of my hand

Customer Question

One of my hands has a burning sensation on the back of my hand and the knuckles on all fingers but pinky
Category: Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's progressively felt worse, I tried icing it with no relief and taking max doses of ibuprofen. I've currently been on Wellbutrin for the last 5 months. This symptom has occurred since about a week ago
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.Do you have itching,peeling of skin?History of smoking,alcohol intake?Pain in fingers?Neck stiffness?Burning sensation in arms?Swelling on fingers?Thanks.Waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no itching or peeling, no pain in fingers but i do have a sharp pain occasionally in my thumb's print when i touch my screen on my phone. No neck stiffness. I have a burning sensation in a particular spot in my forearm but not the entire arm. No swelling in my fingers either.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I understand your concern.Well as you describe,this can be a carpal tunnel syndrome or even from arthritis or a vascular compromise, that is a decreased peripheral blood supply.The carpal tunnel is a narrow tunnel formed by the bones and other tissues of your wrist.Any condition that causes swelling or a change in position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze and irritate the median nerve resulting in intense pain, burning sensation. Arthritic changes can occur in the fingers more around the bony areas like your knuckles. Warm compresses instead of application of ice are better.You need to have this examined by a doctor for a clinical examination in next few days as your symptoms are progressive in nature.Early diagnosis and prompt treatment have good outcome.So make an appointment with your doctor.Hope this helps.Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.Please to not forget a positive rating.We are here to help you until you satisfy.